Reaching the Workplace for Christ in Vancouver, WA
"In pursuit of Christ's eternal objectives, the purpose of Christ@Work is to encourage and equip leaders to operate their businesses and conduct their personal lives according to Biblical principles."
That formal quote is important because it accurately describes the purpose of Christ@Work but we should also emphasize that our meetings are much more than just "head knowledge"!
What to expect at our meetings
We spend time getting to know each other, supporting each other and working together to better understand what the Maker of the Universe may have in mind for our businesses. We watch an excellent and thought provoking video and we pray for each other.
If you attend one of our groups, and we hope you will, you may find yourself sitting across from someone who owns a home building company or perhaps an insurance business. We have people from banking, marketing and many other professions. We also have good folks from some of the local non-profit agencies. We may have different backgrounds but we are united in our desire to allow God to work through our companies and influence our community and our world.
Three groups meeting in Vancouver
The Vancouver groups of Christ@Work use a curriculum called "Excellence in Business Leadership" which is offered in a small group format. There are currently three groups meeting in Vancouver weekly.
- East Vancouver at 6:30 AM on Wednesdays
- Downtown Vancouver at 11:30 on Fridays
- St John Lutheran Church (Salmon Creek) on Sundays
There are also around 10 groups meeting in Portland.
How to contact us
For local meeting and event information contact:
Gary Meier (360) 241-5600
Evan Wiggs (360) 606-7412
Ross Reida (503) 807-2141
or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The following is taken from the national Christ@Work website and helps explain the purpose of Christ@Work and how it operates:
- Bring together in faith, as outlined in the affirmations, a fellowship of companies whose leaders desire to glorify Jesus Christ in every aspect of their businesses.
- Share with each other the ways in which we have attempted to bring glory to Jesus, while recognizing that the Holy Spirit works uniquely through our individual personalities.
- Encourage each other toward the purposes of FCCI, without legalism or condemnation, with the full understanding that people are free to disagree on the non-essentials left open to individual choice.
- Encourage an environment conducive to growth in Christ; believing that we grow better in the fellowship of others who are growing.
- Create a forum for collective sharing that will increase the faith of participants and better prepare them to handle daily business situations in a manner glorifying Christ in spirit and truth.
- Encourage business owners and executives to assemble regularly for specific times of earnest prayer together, believing that God will especially honor this prayer time.
- Exhort each company leader to an "obedient Christian walk" that will help bring into perspective such questions as "What is God's purpose for my building a business?" "What is god's plan for my life and where does my family fit?" "Will I give God an opportunity to impact eternity though my 'availability'?"
- Provide fellowship on the basis of regeneration (new birth) and heart for God, emphasizing unity in the body of Christ through God's supernatural agape love.
- Encourage the company leader and his or her spouse to participate together in all aspects of FCCI, believing that it is essential to family unity for the company leader and spouse to be in one accord on business matters.
- Encourage each other to catch the vision of much good fruit being borne for Jesus through "abiding in the vine" resulting in the generous giving of one's talent, time and treasure.
- Provide biblical resource information, based upon Holy Scripture with the goal that the company leader would implement these areas.
"Changing our world, one company leader at a time"